Glendale Park, Nashville, 1908
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A postcard of Glendale Park, once located near the present intersection of Caldwell and Lealand Lanes in Nashville, Tennessee. This trolley park was owned by the Nashville Railway and Light Company who also owned the streetcar line on which it sat. For a nickel per person you could ride the trolley from anywhere in Nashville to the park. The popular recreational area boasted several attractions including a zoo, casino, roller rink, roller coaster, merry-go-round, shooting galleries, bandstands, tennis court, and croquet grounds. In 1932, when patronage on the trolleys had decreased due to the Depression and the popularity of the automobile, Glendale Park closed down. Homes now occupy much of the former park site. Forms part of the Norton Postcard Collection. 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Zibart Brothers (Publisher)
Sports & Recreations
Social & civic facilities--Tennessee--Nashville
Sports & recreation facilities--Tennessee--Nashville
Glendale Park (Nashville, Tenn.)
Caldwell Lane (Nashville, Tenn.)
Lealand Lane (Nashville, Tenn.)
Nashville (Tenn.)--Social life and customs
- Still imagePostcards
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Glendale Park, Nashville, 1908. 1908. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1945. (Accessed October 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1908) Glendale Park, Nashville, 1908. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1945
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1945>.