Davidson County new court house, Nashville, Tenn., 1910
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A postcard of the Davidson County Court House as it appeared in 1910. The courthouse was designed in 1857 by Francis Strickland, son of William Strickland, who built the State Capitol. Construction on the building started in 1859 and finished in 1863. This Strickland courthouse served as the epicenter for a bustling Nashville for eighty years. In 1909-1910 the Court House was remodeled and enlarged by the replacement of its gable roof with a fourth story as pictured on this postcard. The building was demolished in 1935, and in 1937 the present Metropolitan Court House was completed to replace it. Forms part of the Nashville Room Postcard Collection. 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Davidson County Court House (Nashville, Tenn.)
Central business districts--Tennessee--Nashville
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Public Square (Nashville, Tenn.)--History--Sources
Court House Square (Nashville, Tenn.)--History--Sources
- Still imagePostcards
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Davidson County new court house, Nashville, Tenn., 1910. 1910. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/670. (Accessed November 12, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1910) Davidson County new court house, Nashville, Tenn., 1910. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/670
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/670>.