- View Full Item
Beautiful color map of Tennessee as it appeared in 1822, soon after the cession by treaty of Chickasaw lands between the Tennessee and Mississippi Rivers. The map shows the newly formed West Tennessee counties in different colors and short-lived configurations that would change as new counties were formed. It also shows county seats, rivers, and mountains. Recently formed (by the New Madrid earthquakes of 1812-13) Reelfoot Lake appears as a rather fanciful "Wood Lake;" Muscle Shoals in Alabama can also be seen, in addition to some Cherokee lands in southeast Tennessee.
- Lucas, Fielding, Jr., 1781-1854
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
Reelfoot Lake (Tenn.)
Muscle Shoals (Ala.)
Cities & towns
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- Lucas, Fielding, Jr., 1781-1854. Tennessee (1822). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/46. (Accessed September 17, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Lucas, Fielding, Jr., 1781-1854, Tennessee (1822). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/46
- MLA citation style
- Lucas, Fielding, Jr., 1781-1854. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/46>.