"It's a long way to get the Kaiser" by Hettie Butler
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Patriotic song written by Hettie Butler of Martin, Tenn. during World War I and sent to Governor Tom C. Rye. This song celebrates the United States' military involvement in the conflict and emphasizes social and political motivations for entering the war, such as protecting liberty and democracy. It is intended to be sung to the tune of "It's a Long Way to Tipperary."
- Butler, Hettie
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
Rye, Tom C., 1863-1953
World War, 1914-1918
World War, 1914-1918, Germany
World War, 1914-1918--Social aspects--United States
Songs & music
- Martin (Tenn.)
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees, that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- Butler, Hettie. "It's a long way to get the Kaiser" by Hettie Butler. 1917. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/1959. (Accessed October 18, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Butler, Hettie, (1917) "It's a long way to get the Kaiser" by Hettie Butler. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/1959
- MLA citation style
- Butler, Hettie. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/1959>.