Aerial photograph of Old Hickory, Tennessee
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- approximately 1928
This aerial photograph shows the Old Hickory village as constructed as part of the US Munitions Plant constructed between 1917-1918. The Army contracted with the DuPont Corporation to manufacture smokeless gunpowder and at the time was the largest in the world. The operation closed in 1919 but DuPont returned in 1928 and purchased the facility and village and built additional housing. The Old Hickory facility produced Rayon, Reemay, and Cellophane among other products.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Old Hickory (Tenn.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Aerial photograph of Old Hickory, Tennessee. approximately 1928. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/3434. (Accessed November 14, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (approximately 1928) Aerial photograph of Old Hickory, Tennessee. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/3434
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/3434>.