Photograph of the interior of the Nashville Public Library bookmobile, circa 1957
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of the interior of the "traveling branch" bookmobile of the Nashville Public Library, depicting the librarian and the young readers, circa 1957. The bookmobile service in Davidson County, Tennessee originally began in the 1940's, when the State Library Project furnished a bookmobile which made weekly demonstration rounds through the county. In 1947 the Nashville Public Library initiated the "library-on-wheels" bookmobile service; by 1956, service had been extended to all of Davidson County. Forms part of the Nashville Room Historic Photographs Collection. 1 photograph : b & w ; 8 x 10 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Public Library of Nashville and Davidson County--History
Public services (Libraries)--Tennessee--Nashville
Libraries and society--Tennessee--Nashville
Public service employment--Tennessee--Nashville
- Still imagePhotographs
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Photograph of the interior of the Nashville Public Library bookmobile, circa 1957. 1957~. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/517. (Accessed November 19, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1957~) Photograph of the interior of the Nashville Public Library bookmobile, circa 1957. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/517
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/517>.