Shipboard berthing card
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A rectangular card imprinted in upper left in three lines "Gold Star/Mothers * Widows/Pilgrimage" made out to "Ring, Mrs. Sarah F." sailing aboard SS President Roosevelt in berth 215-E of Cabin Class. In the early 1930s the US War Department offered pilmigrages to France for "Gold Star Widows and Mothers" to vist the graves of their loved ones. Sarah Frances M. Ring of Franklin, Tenn. traveled to visit the grave of her son, Pvt. Frank M. Ring, Co. A, 114th MG Battn., 30th Div. in 1933.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- United States
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Shipboard berthing card. 1933. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2382. (Accessed October 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1933) Shipboard berthing card. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2382
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2382>.