Golf and Country Club, Nashville, Tenn., circa 1908
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A color postcard of the Golf and Country Club in Nashville, Tennessee. The first nine holes were completed by the summer of 1901. Fields were cut by mule-drawn mowers to prepare for the holes. The first clubhouse, as seen on the postcard, was completed in 1902 and was situated on top of a small hill that looked north to the Richland Turnpike (now West End Avenue). Today, West End Middle School sits in its place. A road known then as Golf Club Lane connected the turnpike to the clubhouse; today, it is known as Bowling Avenue. Membership was originally limited to 200. Forms part of the Nashville Room Postcard Collection. 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- S.H. Kress & Co. (Publisher)
- Golf and Country Club (Nashville, Tenn.)
Sports & Recreation
Nashville (Tenn.)--Social life and customs
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Bowling Avenue (Nashville, Tenn.)
Richland Turnpike (Nashville, Tenn.)
West End Avenue (Nashville, Tenn.)
Golf Club Lane (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Still imagePostcards
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Golf and Country Club, Nashville, Tenn., circa 1908. 1908~. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/661. (Accessed October 19, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1908~) Golf and Country Club, Nashville, Tenn., circa 1908. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/661
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/661>.