Letter from Pvt. Virgil Metcalf to his mother
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1918 November 7
Pvt. Metcalf, Co. A, 47th Engineer Battn., consistently corresponds with his mother while in service. Metcalf writes his mother that the war is winding down and he hopes to be home soon. He was from McMinn County, Tennessee and his mother was living in Maryville. His unit became a transporation unit and served in France from July, 1918 to June, 1919.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Letter from Pvt. Virgil Metcalf to his mother. 1918 November 7. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1942. (Accessed October 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1918 November 7) Letter from Pvt. Virgil Metcalf to his mother. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1942
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1942>.