Claiborne County, Tennessee (1834)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- approximately 1834
W.R. Evans' hand-drawn and colored map of Claiborne County (Tenn.) showing details of road and towns, the Crockett Ironworks and Furnace, the Kentucky Road coming from Cumberland Gap, the Clinch River, Powell River and Kentucky border. Evans addresses this map to Matthew Rhea, probably for use by the latter in his seminal 1834 map of the State of Tennessee.
Matthew Rhea was a cartographer, geologist and educator from Tennessee who made many contributions to the intellectual and cultural life of Tennessee.
- Evans, W. R
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Claiborne County (Tenn.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Evans, W. R. Claiborne County, Tennessee (1834). approximately 1834. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/164. (Accessed November 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Evans, W. R, (approximately 1834) Claiborne County, Tennessee (1834). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/164
- MLA citation style
- Evans, W. R. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/164>.