Benjamin F. Cheatham Civil War map of northern Georgia
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Hand drawn map of northern Georgia and parts of north Alabama and southeastern Tennessee created by E. G. Anstey for Gen. Cheatham, possibly for use during the 1864 Atlanta Campaign. It shows roads, streams, topography, railroads and other features between the Tennessee River and Atlanta, Ga., including the locales of battles at Resaca, Tunnel Hill, Dalton and Marietta.
Benjamin Franklin Cheatham was a Brigadier-General in the Confederate Army of Tennessee and Major General commanding a corps when Gen. John Bell Hood undertook his 1864 Tennessee Campaign.
- Anstey, E. G
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
Tennessee--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Campaigns
Atlanta Campaign, 1864
Cities & towns
Campaigns & battles
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Anstey, E. G. Benjamin F. Cheatham Civil War map of northern Georgia. 1861-1865. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/91. (Accessed November 18, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Anstey, E. G, (1861-1865) Benjamin F. Cheatham Civil War map of northern Georgia. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/91
- MLA citation style
- Anstey, E. G. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/91>.