The Ryman Auditorium, 1977 June
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of the Ryman Auditorium located at 116 5th Avenue North, Nashville, Tennessee. Built as the Union Gospel Tabernacle in 1892, the structure was designed by architect Hugh Thompson for worship, but is perhaps best-known as the one-time house for the Grand Ole Opry. It was used for Grand Ole Opry broadcasts from 1943 until 1974, when the Opry built a larger venue just outside Nashville at the Opryland USA theme park. The Ryman then sat mostly unused until 1994 when it reopened as both a performance venue and a museum after undergoing extensive restorations. In 2001, the Ryman Auditorium was designated as a National Historic Landmark and included in the National Register of Historic Places. Forms part of the Nashville Banner Archives. 1 photograph : b & w ; 8 x 10 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Ryman Auditorium (Nashville, Tenn.)
Central business districts--Tennessee--Nashville
Fifth Avenue (Nashville, Tenn.)
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Nashville (Tenn.)--Religious life and customs
Nashville (Tenn.)--Social life and customs
- Still imagePhotographs
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- The Ryman Auditorium, 1977 June. 1977-06. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1024. (Accessed November 15, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1977-06) The Ryman Auditorium, 1977 June. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1024
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1024>.