Tipton County, Tennessee
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- approximately 1832
Hand-drawn map of Tipton County. The towns of Covington, Randolph, and Fulton are denoted as are McKean's Landing, two mills, and a store that does not appear on Rhea's published map. The Hatchy [Hatchie] River is drawn and named as are many of the creeks that course through the county. Miller's Island, the 3rd Chickasaw Bluff, and a number of roads are indicated.
This map, along with his other county maps, may have been used by Rhea to make his seminal map of the State of Tennessee with cousin Joseph Campbell Rhea.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Tipton County (Tenn.)--Maps, Manuscript
Covington (Tenn.) South Fulton (Tenn.) Hatchie River (Miss. and Tenn.)
Cities & towns
Stores & shops
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Tipton County, Tennessee. approximately 1832. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9422. (Accessed October 22, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (approximately 1832) Tipton County, Tennessee. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9422
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9422>.