Photograph of WWI veteran John C. Bowling in 1937
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1937 or 1938
A post war photograph of John C. Bowling. After the war he lived in Knoxville and married Susie Margaret Allen in 1936, had two children and died in 1949. Reverse side of the photo is inscribed in two lines "John C. Bowling / 1937 or 38." Pvt. Bowling served as a teamster in the 53rd Pioneer Brig. working on military engineering works in France. The document in GWmary025 cites his service in St. Mihiel and Argonne Forest from September 12 to Armistice Day, November 11, 1918.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Knoxville (Tenn.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Photograph of WWI veteran John C. Bowling in 1937. 1937 or 1938. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1663. (Accessed November 12, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1937 or 1938) Photograph of WWI veteran John C. Bowling in 1937. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1663
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1663>.