Nashville in 1804, circa 1859
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A page from a mounted and bound volume of twenty-five pen-and-ink wash drawings, and two pen-and-ink maps of Nashville created by William A. Eichbaum during the 1850s. Eichbaum was a Nashville bookseller and resident for fifty years. The map on this page shows Nashville as it was in 1804. Each prominent building structure is assigned a number. Each number is then assigned to its corresponding building name in a key located at the bottom of the map. Eichbaum also lightly noted some present day streets as they were at the time of the creation of the map, presumably to give viewers some current reference points. Some of the referenced buildings include Talbot Tavern, Old Stone Tavern, the Court House, and various stores and guesthouses. Forms part of the William A. Eichbaum Sketchbook. 1 drawing : col. ; 5.75 x 9 in.
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873--Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc
Talbot Tavern (Nashville, Tenn.)
Old Stone Tavern (Nashville, Tenn.)
Central business districts--Tennessee--Nashville
Stores & shops--Tennessee--Nashville
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Cumberland River (Ky. and Tenn.)--Maps
- Still imageDrawingsSketchbooks
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873. Nashville in 1804, circa 1859. 1859~. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/301. (Accessed February 28, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873, (1859~) Nashville in 1804, circa 1859. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/301
- MLA citation style
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/301>.