B&W Cafeteria announces it is closing, 1976 November 10
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of the B & W Cafeteria on Sixth Avenue North, Nashville Tennessee. The cafeteria was started by Fred R. Webber, Sr. around 1930. Sixth Avenue was a business hub in the late 1930s and 1940s. Thousands of workers came to the cafeteria from nearby Capitol Hill to eat apple pie at a nickel a serving and a meat-and-vegetable dinner for 29 cents. Webber sold out in the late 1940s, and around 1950 it was bought by the Blue Boar Cafeteria Company of Louisville, Kentucky. At that time more than 3,000 people a day packed the restaurant. By November 1976, less than 800 a day were served. It was announced the restaurant would close later that month. Forms part of the Nashville Banner Archives. 1- 35 mm black & white photograph negative.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- B&W Cafeteria (Nashville, Tenn.)
Central business districts--Tennessee--Nashville
Eating & drinking facilities--Tennessee--Nashville
Sixth Avenue (Nashville, Tenn.)
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Nashville (Tenn.)--Social life and customs
- Still imageNegativesFilm negatives
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- B&W Cafeteria announces it is closing, 1976 November 10. 1976-11-10. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/872. (Accessed January 29, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (1976-11-10) B&W Cafeteria announces it is closing, 1976 November 10. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/872
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/872>.