Plat, grant and survey of John Evans land in Davidson County (1786)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
640 acres surveyed for John Evans on the north side of the Cumberland River on both sides of Evan's Spring. Warrant no. 202. Adjacent to land owned by the heirs of Edward Carvin and Ephraim McLane [McLean]. Includes the road from "Gaspars" [Kaspar Mansker's Station] to Nashville. Daniel Smith served as surveyor, while James Mulherin served as his deputy. John Johnston and George McLane [McLean] served as chain carriers. This plat represents a small area of East Nashville today, near the Inglewood neighborhood. The state seal of North Carolina is affixed.
James Mulherin was amongst the earliest settlers in Davidson County. He was on the ballot for first surveyor of Davidson County, elected to the first grand jury, and was among the sureties for the entry taker and sheriff for the newly established county. Daniel Smith later became Tennessee's first secretary of state.
- Mulherin, James
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Davidson County (Tenn.)--Maps
Cumberland River (Ky. and Tenn.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Mulherin, James. Plat, grant and survey of John Evans land in Davidson County (1786). 1784. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9007. (Accessed November 13, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Mulherin, James, (1784) Plat, grant and survey of John Evans land in Davidson County (1786). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9007
- MLA citation style
- Mulherin, James. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9007>.