Map of Nashville, Tennessee, 1896
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Detailed map of Nashville, Tenn. from 1896 shows street names, city ward boundaries, railroads, cemeteries, significant buildings and important landmarks. The map includes concentric lines radiating out from city hall showing the distance from there to anywhere in the area. Certain geographic features are incorporated in the map including the Cumberland River, creeks, hills, lakes, and ponds. There is a numbered key to the right detailing the designated buildings indicated on the map, naming churches, schools, hotels, and fire houses. City wards are outlined in blue. The map was revised by surveyor W. B. Southgate.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Davidson County (Tenn.)--History--Sources
Tennessee, Middle--History--19th Century--Sources
Cities & towns
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Map of Nashville, Tennessee, 1896. 1896. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/366. (Accessed November 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1896) Map of Nashville, Tennessee, 1896. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/366
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/366>.