Coffee County, Tennessee
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Map of Coffee County (Tenn.) showing some Mountain District land grant and entry numbers, as well as county civil districts. Rivers and creeks are depicted but not named. Roads and railroads are drawn.
Coffee County was established in 1836 from portions of Bedford, Warren, and Franklin counties. It is named for General John Coffee, a Tennessee militia commander, surveyor, land speculator, planter, and close friend of Andrew Jackson. Its largest city is Tullahoma and the county seat is Manchester.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Coffee County (Tenn.)--Maps
Coffee County (Tenn.)--Land grants--Maps
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Coffee County, Tennessee. undated. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9370. (Accessed October 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (undated) Coffee County, Tennessee. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9370
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9370>.