Davidson County, Tennessee, 1871
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Wilbur Foster's 1871 color map of Davidson County Tennessee, from actual surveys made by order of the county court of Davidson County. It shows roads, railroads, streams, schools, stores, rural house structures and residences with owner's names, post offices, and different-colored civil districts. Includes engraved view of Nashville from the west. Surveyed and mapped by Wilbur F. Foster, Civil and Topographical Engineer.
The chief value of this map comes from the detailed depiction of business establishments and landowner's names and acreages in post-Civil War Davidson County.
- Foster, Wilbur F
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- United States--Tennessee--Davidson--Maps
Davidson County (Tenn.)--Maps
Louisville and Nashville Railroad Company
Edgefield and Kentucky Railroad Company
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Foster, Wilbur F. Davidson County, Tennessee, 1871. 1871. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/348. (Accessed October 23, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Foster, Wilbur F, (1871) Davidson County, Tennessee, 1871. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/348
- MLA citation style
- Foster, Wilbur F. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/348>.