Tennessee & Kentucky (1835)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Hand-colored map of Tennessee and Kentucky showing chartered, proposed, and finished railroads, canals, counties and major cities. Reelfoot Lake is still referred to as Wood Lake. Kentucky counties are outlined in yellow and Tennessee counties are outlined in green. Southeastern Tennessee is still shown as Cherokee territory (with Brainerd mission).
Thomas Gamaliel Bradford was a cartographer born in Boston, Massachusetts in 1802. He worked for the American Encyclopedia for a time, before revising Adrian Balbi's Atlas Designed to Illustrate the Abridgement of Universal Geography, Modern & Ancient . He went on to publish A Comprehensive Atlas: Geographical, Historical & Commercial in 1835, from which this map is taken.
- Bradford, T. G. (Thomas Gamaliel), 1802-1887
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Bradford, T. G. (Thomas Gamaliel), 1802-1887. Tennessee & Kentucky (1835). 1835. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/860. (Accessed October 14, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Bradford, T. G. (Thomas Gamaliel), 1802-1887, (1835) Tennessee & Kentucky (1835). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/860
- MLA citation style
- Bradford, T. G. (Thomas Gamaliel), 1802-1887. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/860>.