- View Full Item
- Created Date
This pre-war issue Imperial German Army belt buckle has a brass body with a white metal applique insignia featuring the Imperial crown and the motto "GOTT MIT UNS." An irregular shaped hole, located on the proper left side, has damaged the insignia and pierced the body of the buckle. There is a ding on the lower edge as well. The damage was probably caused by a shrapnel strike.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Belt buckle. 1900-1920. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/536. (Accessed October 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1900-1920) Belt buckle. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/536
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/536>.