Letter from Pvt. Virigil Metcalf to his mother
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1918 November 1
Metcalf served in Co. A, 47th Engineer Battn. His mother was Mrs. W. M. Boling of Maryville, Tennesee although Metcalf was from McMinn County. In this typewritten letter to his mother he comments that he is practicing on his new typewriter. Metcalf's unit eventually becomes a transportation unit and they served in France from July, 1918 to June, 1919.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Letter from Pvt. Virigil Metcalf to his mother. 1918 November 1. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1945. (Accessed October 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1918 November 1) Letter from Pvt. Virigil Metcalf to his mother. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1945
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1945>.