Map of Sumner County, Tennessee (1878)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This D.G. Beers map of Sumner County shows roads, railroads, streams, schools, mills, churches, residences, and civil districts. The chief value of this map lies in the fact that it locates the dwelling structures and displays names of many Sumner County landowners and homeowners. There are also inset enlargements of Gallatin, Fountain Head, Hendersonville, Castalian Springs, Richland and Cairo.
The Beers & Co. maps of Tennessee counties are some of the most detailed sources for locating late 19th century homeowners, farms and rural landowners. The census chart under the title provides valuable population information taken from the 1870 census.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Landowners--Tennessee--Sumner County--Maps
Real property--Tennessee--Sumner County--Maps
Sumner County (Tenn.)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Map of Sumner County, Tennessee (1878). 1878. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/8848. (Accessed October 22, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1878) Map of Sumner County, Tennessee (1878). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/8848
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/8848>.