Map of a portion of Davidson County, Tenn., showing localities in its early history
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Photocopy of an 1880 map of Davidson County showing early localities including, but are not limited to, Freeland's Station, Mansker's Station, Johnson's Station, Captain Donelson's, the Hermitage, Andrew Jackson's home, Hardeman's Station, Clover Bottom race course, Hay's Fort, French Lick and fort, Eaton's Station bends, mills, railroads, and roads/pikes These, Priestley's Academy, and Thompson's Station. Geographic features include the Cumberland River and its tributaries, as well as its various bends. Similar to Map 2113.
Data compiled by E. L. Drake and drawn by W. F. Foster. Wilbur F. Foster served as city engineer from 1865 to 1884. He also served as a chief engineer under General A. P. Stewart during the Civil War.
- Foster, Wilbur F
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Foster, Wilbur F. Map of a portion of Davidson County, Tenn., showing localities in its early history. 1880. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9453. (Accessed November 12, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Foster, Wilbur F, (1880) Map of a portion of Davidson County, Tenn., showing localities in its early history. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9453
- MLA citation style
- Foster, Wilbur F. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9453>.