The State Bank of Tennessee, circa 1859
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A page from a mounted and bound volume of twenty-five pen-and-ink wash drawings, and two pen-and-ink maps of Nashville created by William A. Eichbaum during the 1850s. Eichbaum was a Nashville bookseller and resident for fifty years. This drawing is of the Bank of Tennessee located at the corner of Cherry and Union streets. Erected in 1853, it was made of brick and stone. It had a wooden shingle roof, and measured fifty by eighty-eight feet. Francis Strickland was the architect. He modeled the design after his father's Second Bank of the United States in Philadelphia. During the Civil War this bank was used by the Federal Army as its paymaster's department building. Forms part of the William A. Eichbaum Sketchbook. 1 drawing : col. ; 5.75 x 9 in.
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873--Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc
Bank of Tennessee
Banks and banking--Tennessee--Nashville
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Union Street (Nashville, Tenn.)
Cherry Street (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Still imageDrawingsSketchbooks
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873. The State Bank of Tennessee, circa 1859. 1859~. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/279. (Accessed December 10, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873, (1859~) The State Bank of Tennessee, circa 1859. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/279
- MLA citation style
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/279>.