General highway map Hickman County Tennessee
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Highway map of Hickman County (Tenn.) showing schools, churches, cemeteries, post offices, hospitals, rivers, streams and paved roads. Also shown is the Tennessee Central Railroad, the Duck River, and the Centerville Municipal Airport. Issued by the Tennessee State Highway Department, these county road maps exist at the Tennessee State Library and Archives for all Tennessee counties in series beginning in 1938, 1961, etc.
Hickman County was established in 1807 from the southern portion of Dickson County. It was named for settler Edwin Hickman who was killed in 1791, in a Native American raid, while leading a surveying team. Its original county seat was Vernon, but moved to Centerville in 1823.
- Tennessee. State Highway Department
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Hickman County (Tenn.)--Maps
Tennessee Central Railway Company
Duck River (Tenn.) Centerville (Tenn.)
- Hickman County (Tenn.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Tennessee. State Highway Department. General highway map Hickman County Tennessee. 1982. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9832. (Accessed January 26, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Tennessee. State Highway Department, (1982) General highway map Hickman County Tennessee. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9832
- MLA citation style
- Tennessee. State Highway Department. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9832>.