Revised map and guide of Nashville and environs
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Map of Nashville and surrounding area with a focus on the infrastructure of the city. Roads are shown and named, as are railroads, rivers, and Berry Field is denoted. Neighborhoods are named and civil districts are numbered and divided. Southern Coach Lines, Inc. bus routes are overlaid in red, with an enlargement of downtown at the top of the map. Churches, cemeteries, county schools (ones for African American children are denoted with (c), preparatory schools, city schools, colleges, hospitals, parks, airfields, and broadcasting towers are denoted. Includes City Juvenile Court Farm (col.) (specifically for African Americans), Tennessee Vocational School for Colored Girls, Colored Home for Aged, State Agricultural and Industrial School, and a few tuberculosis hospitals. A street index is located at the bottom. Demographic and statistical information about Nashville is located on verso, as are lists of many of the features included on the map.
- Naive, W. T, Harman, M. M, Rich, J. W
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Naive, W. T, Harman, M. M, Rich, J. W. Revised map and guide of Nashville and environs. 1947. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/10288. (Accessed November 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Naive, W. T, Harman, M. M, Rich, J. W, (1947) Revised map and guide of Nashville and environs. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/10288
- MLA citation style
- Naive, W. T, Harman, M. M, Rich, J. W. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/10288>.