Dog tags of Pvt. Robert William Scollon
- View Full Item
- Created Date
These dog tags belonged to Pvt. R.W. (Robert William) Scollon, Co. B, 15th U.S. Engineer Regt. One of the tags is is a disc, per regulations, and the second one is square. When two tags became required a shortage of discs led to the use of square ones. Both are strung on a stitched leather thong. The 15th US Engineers built railroads and installations in support of American Expeditionary Force and participated in the Meuse-Argonne Offensive in 1918.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- United States
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Dog tags of Pvt. Robert William Scollon. 1917-1918. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/284. (Accessed September 15, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1917-1918) Dog tags of Pvt. Robert William Scollon. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/284
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/284>.