- Blaylock, LenView Full Item in Albert Gore Research Center, Middle Tennessee State University
An oral history interview with Len Blaylock, who was an officer in the 11th College Training Detachment (CTD) stationed at Middle Tennessee State College during World War II. He discusses how the CTD'…
- Bills, John HoustonView Full Item in Cheekwood Botanical Garden & Museum of Art
This drawing of the "Garden Plan of the Pillars" was created by J.E. Wood, Jr. for the History of Homes and Gardens of Tennessee. It depicts a seven section garden that is numbered according to a key…
- View Full Item in Special Collections, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
Several members of the Young Democratic Club met with presidential candidate Estes Kefauver when he visited Nashville. Pictured from left to right: Bob Brooks, George Gardner, Frank Gardner, James Dan…
Atlas to Accompany the Official Record of the Union and Confederate Armies, 1861-1865 Defenses of Nashville, Tennessee 1864, 1865View Full Item in Vanderbilt University Libraries
Collection of engineering schematics for various fortifications in Nashville: Battery Erwin, Battery Coolidge, Battery for Casino Hill, Fort Morton, Fort Sill, Redoubt for Hill No 210, and the Capitol…
- Weems, Dean A, Cope, Quill EView Full Item in Special Collections, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
Program and accompanying audio clips from a special convocation held in commemoration of the fiftieth anniversary of the founding of the Middle Tennessee State Normal School
- View Full Item in Memphis Brooks Museum of Art
Studio portrait of a young man standing beside seated middle aged woman. He appears to be about 18-20 years old. On the back of this card is a handwritten poem that begins: "When far in distant lands…
- Burnand, Auguste (ca. 1835-1860)View Full Item in McClung Historical Collection, Knox County Public Library
This drawing comes from the "Swiss-American Sketchbook" in the McClung Historical Collection.
- McCrary, AlbertaView Full Item in Albert Gore Research Center, Middle Tennessee State University
A clip of an oral history with Alberta McCrary, a student at Middle Tennessee State Teachers College during the 1940s. McCrary shares her memories of the Eleventh College Training Detachment on campus…
Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865, President of the United States Portrait of Abraham Lincoln funded by the Tennessee Legislature during ReconstructionDury, GeorgeView Full Item in Tennessee State Museum
Lincoln sitting in red chair facing to his left.
- View Full Item in Tennessee State Museum
This head and shoulders image of an elderly gentleman in clerical garb is inscribed with cryptic lettering and the name C.T. Quintard.