Real photo postcard of soldiers in bunks
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This photograph postcard shows soldiers in their bunks aboard ship. They are fully dressed and equipment hangs from the ends of the bunks. This was probably taken on return voyage from France. This postcard belonged to Pvt. Johnny S. Pittman. Pittman was a farmer from Crockett County who returned home after the war. He died in 1993 at age 98, the last surviving World War I veteran in Crockett County. [See also GWjack011-016.]
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Real photo postcard of soldiers in bunks. 1918-1919. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/574. (Accessed May 28, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (1918-1919) Real photo postcard of soldiers in bunks. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/574
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/574>.