Belmont College and grounds, Nashville, Tenn., circa 1910
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A postcard of Belmont College, a collegiate and preparatory school for young ladies located in Nashville, Tennessee. This school for girls was opened in 1890 in the West End neighborhood, at the intersection of Broad and Vauxhall Streets. Some subjects taught at Belmont included Music and Art, Physical Training, Literary and Scientific Advantages, and Religious Instruction. Belmont was built by leading members of the Methodist Church and so was affiliated with that denomination. In 1913, Belmont merged with rival school Ward Seminary and formed Ward-Belmont College. In 1951 Ward-Belmont College was purchased by the Tennessee Baptist Convention and renamed Belmont College. Forms part of the Nashville Room Postcard Collection. 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- S.H. Kress & Co. (Publisher)
- Belmont College (Nashville, Tenn.)
Colleges and Universities
Universities and colleges
Universities & Colleges--Tennessee--Nashville
Broad Street (Nashville, Tenn.)
Vauxhall Street (Nashville, Tenn.)
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Nashville (Tenn.)--Intellectual life
- Still imagePostcards
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Belmont College and grounds, Nashville, Tenn., circa 1910. 1910~. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/812. (Accessed July 2, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (1910~) Belmont College and grounds, Nashville, Tenn., circa 1910. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/812
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/812>.