Photograph of Tom Tichenor and puppeteers performing a Christmas play at the Nashville Public Library, circa 1954
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of the Christmas play and Santa Claus puppets at the Children's Division of the Nashville Public Library, circa 1954. The puppeteers in the performance, pictured from left to right, are Raymond Tichenor, Gwendolyn Seay, and Tom Tichenor. Tom Tichenor began his career as a puppeteer when he was an elementary school student at Tarbox School in Nashville, Tennessee. In 1938, while attending Hume-Fogg High School, he staged a production of Puss in Boots for the Children's Department of the Nashville Public Library Main Library, beginning a fifty-year relationship with the children of Nashville. At his retirement from the Library in 1988, he donated many of his original marionettes and puppets to continue the legacy of bringing the world of puppetry to children. Photographed by Jerome Drown. Forms part of the Nashville Room Historic Photographs Collection. 1 photograph : b & w ; 8 x 10 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Tichenor, Tom
Public Library of Nashville and Davidson County. Children's Division
Libraries and puppets--Tennessee--Nashville
- Still imagePhotographs
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Photograph of Tom Tichenor and puppeteers performing a Christmas play at the Nashville Public Library, circa 1954. 1954~. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/526. (Accessed April 4, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (1954~) Photograph of Tom Tichenor and puppeteers performing a Christmas play at the Nashville Public Library, circa 1954. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/526
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/526>.