Lloyd's official map of the State of Tennessee (1863)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Map depicting major features, especially roads, communities and railroads, present in Tennessee during the Civil War. A large detailed section of Kentucky occupies the top part of the map, and the states surrounding Tennessee receive fringe coverage. Counties are indicated in color, and major battle sites in Tennessee are underlined in red.
There are various editions of this map, but it was initially designed as a companion map to Lloyd's official map of the State of Kentucky. Being issued from the same plate, this does explain the appearance of almost all of Kentucky on this Tennessee map. James T. Lloyd and Company of New York and London was a popular map publisher of the day, often incorporating advertisements and testimonials. Lloyd even contended his maps had been used for military planning; thus, they were "official."
- Lloyd, James T
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
Cities & towns
Forts & fortifications
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Lloyd, James T. Lloyd's official map of the State of Tennessee (1863). 1863. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/104. (Accessed April 9, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Lloyd, James T, (1863) Lloyd's official map of the State of Tennessee (1863). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/104
- MLA citation style
- Lloyd, James T. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/104>.