Haywood County, Tennessee, TERA No. 38, rural electrification
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A map created by the Tennessee Emergency Relief Administration (TERA) in January, 1935 showing the electric grid of Haywood County (Tenn." Electricity-related details include substations as well as specifying between distribution, transmission, and transmission and distribution lines. The map indicates the location of structures in the county with symbols marking each residence, church, school, filling station, store, industry, tourist camp, garage, and airport. Geographic features such as creeks and rivers are also shown.
TERA was formed on April 1, 1934, as an ancillary to the Federal Emergency Relief Administration. TERA projects were spread across the state and were responsible for hundreds of public works projects as well as supplying direct aid to urban and rural communities in Tennessee. It served as the precursor to the Rural Electrification Administration which, in tandem with the Tennessee Valley Authority, provided electricity and electrical infrastructure to rural communities across the state.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Haywood County (Tenn.)--Maps
New Deal, 1933-1939
- Standardized Rights Statement
- Copyright Not Evaluated:The copyright and related rights status of this Item has not been evaluated. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
- Chicago citation style
- Haywood County, Tennessee, TERA No. 38, rural electrification. 1935. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9936. (Accessed April 10, 2021.)
- APA citation style
- (1935) Haywood County, Tennessee, TERA No. 38, rural electrification. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9936
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9936>.