The Old Planters Bank, circa 1859
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A page from a mounted and bound volume of twenty-five pen-and-ink wash drawings, and two pen-and-ink maps of Nashville created by William A. Eichbaum during the 1850s. Eichbaum was a Nashville bookseller and resident for fifty years. The drawing on this page is of the Planters' Bank in Nashville. The Planter's Bank was chartered in 1833, and went into operation in 1834. The Planters Bank of Tennessee was one of the three great ante-bellum banks of Tennessee. Planters' parent bank was located in Nashville on the corner of College and Union Streets, with branches throughout the state. It was later known as the Mechanic's Bank. Forms part of the William A. Eichbaum Sketchbook. 1 drawing : col. ; 5.75 x 9 in.
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873--Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc
Planters' Bank of Tennessee
Banks and banking--Tennessee--Nashville
Central business districts--Tennessee--Nashville
College Street (Nashville, Tenn.)
Union Street (Nashville, Tenn.)
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
- Still imageDrawingsSketchbooks
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873. The Old Planters Bank, circa 1859. 1859~. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/281. (Accessed August 10, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873, (1859~) The Old Planters Bank, circa 1859. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/281
- MLA citation style
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/281>.