Yeatman & Woods Banking House, circa 1859
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A page from a mounted and bound volume of twenty-five pen-and-ink wash drawings, and two pen-and-ink maps of Nashville created by William A. Eichbaum during the 1850s. Eichbaum was a Nashville bookseller and resident for fifty years. This drawing is of the Yeatman and Woods Banking House, a private bank started in 1825 by three Nashville businessmen, Thomas Yeatman and the Woods brothers, Joseph and Robert. Also shown on either side of the bank are the Nashville Bookstore (Eichbaum's shop) and Trabue and West, an iron store. Forms part of the William A. Eichbaum Sketchbook. 1 drawing : col. ; 5.75 x 9 in.
- William A. Eichbaum
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873--Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc
Yeatman, Woods and Company (Nashville, Tenn.)
Trabue and West (Nashville, Tenn.)
Banks and banking--Tennessee--Nashville
Central business districts
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
- Still imageDrawingsSketchbooks
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- William A. Eichbaum. Yeatman & Woods Banking House, circa 1859. 1859~. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/284. (Accessed April 1, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- William A. Eichbaum, (1859~) Yeatman & Woods Banking House, circa 1859. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/284
- MLA citation style
- William A. Eichbaum. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/284>.