Benton County, Tennessee, 1922
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This State Geological Survey map of Benton County (Tenn." surveyed in 1920-21 by E.S. Perry for the State Geological Commission, shows residences and names smaller communities as well as river landings, streams, roads, churches, schools, stores, and a portion of the Louisville and Nashville Railroad. This map shows every house structure, watershed and hollow and has the advantage of showing Benton County prior to the inundation of Kentucky Lake in the 1940s, which radically altered the human and physical geography of the area.
These early 20th century maps from the Tennessee Geological Survey of counties are extremely detailed and revealing of the communities as well as the economic and historical geography of Tennessee.
- Perry, E. S
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Geological surveys
Louisville and Nashville Railroad Company
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Perry, E. S. Benton County, Tennessee, 1922. 1922. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/360. (Accessed August 9, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Perry, E. S, (1922) Benton County, Tennessee, 1922. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/360
- MLA citation style
- Perry, E. S. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/360>.