Civil War map of the Seat of War
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Map of the major locations of the Civil War in 1863 showing the states of Ohio, Maryland, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Florida. Shows major waterways, main railroad lines, strategic points, and military lines of communication. The original map is mounted in a fragile book and had to be scanned in four sections.
The map was prepared by "a Confederate officer at the commencement of the war" and later became the property of General Nathaniel P. Banks. It was published by E. Ezekiel of the Exchange bookstore in New Orleans, Louisiana and dedicated by its author, Confederate engineer W. H. Wilder, to the Confederate Sec. of War L. Pope Walker.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
Forts & fortifications
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Civil War map of the Seat of War. 1863. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/427. (Accessed June 3, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (1863) Civil War map of the Seat of War. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/427
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/427>.